Hi, I’m Leila Grandemange—breeder-owner-handler at Grandville Cavaliers. I also write inspirational dog books to encourage hearts and support pet parents in their journey. Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the internet where I share my passion for dogs!
Note: I am not breeding the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel at this time, but continue to write to promote the loving care of our furry friends! Subscribe to my blog to stay up-to-date on my latest books and plans.
To learn about my books click here.
Leila Grandemange and her family share their heart and home with their beloved Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. Previously a professional ballet dancer, she now enjoys participating in various dog-related activities such as conformation as breeder-owner-handler, canine freestyle, and recreational agility.
Leila is recognized as an AKC Breeder of Merit . She has produced and shown Champions in all four colors and is grateful for the loving support of her husband of over 25 years. While she adores all four colors, she has a special affection for the whole colors (ruby and black and tan) and has worked hard to create a quality breeding program. In 2013, one of the ruby dogs she bred was the Top Winning Cavalier in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club USA. Leila is grateful to her loving family, the breeders who’ve gone before her and helped her get a start, and to God who makes all things possible!
Aside from participating in dog sports and breeding an occasional litter, Leila shares her passion for dogs through her books and blog. She is a member of the Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA), an award–winning freelance writer, and the author of several charming books. In 2013 the DWAA present Leila with the AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award.
All these experiences, combined with her love for God and family are threads woven into her writing.
So how did her love affair with this breed begin?
Leila shares her story —from ballet dancer to dog show enthusiast and author . . .
Leila has always been passionate about animals, especially dogs and horses, and spent her early years riding and showing a beautiful horse named “Sony” (shown in photo). Classical Ballet was also a very important part of her life. She began dancing at age 6 and at age 18 joined a professional Ballet company. It was a dream come true!
Living in France
A few years later Leila met and married the love of her life, and moved to France. It was there, on the beaches of Etretat in the Normandie region of France, that she met the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. That was the beginning of a beautiful love affair with one of the most enchanting dog breeds she’d ever met!
Back to America
In 2002, she established Grandville Cavaliers and has worked hard over the years to develop a quality breeding program. Leila and her husband presently live in the United States. No longer a professional ballet dancer, one of her greatest joys is now dancing around the ring as a breeder-owner-handler (in conformation shows) with her beloved dogs.
Leila’s love for the “Arts” —ballet, choreography, music—as well as teaching naturally spilled over into her life with dogs. She considers “breeding dogs” an art, and enjoys all aspects of dog ownership, from training, to dancing with her dogs in Canine Freestyle, as well as sharing their unconditional love through Pet Therapy.
Leila has a B.A. in Christian Education and loves being involved with her church. All these experiences, combined with her love for God, family, and the dogs she loves, are threads woven into her writing. Her favorite topics to write about are responsible dog ownership, the human-canine bond and its connection to God, and life-lessons learned from her dogs.
Leila is grateful for the warm welcome her writing has received, with numerous endorsements, and award nominations for her articles, books, and poetry. Most notably, in 2013, one of her articles published in the Royal Spaniels Magazine was the winner of the prestigious AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award. She believes that dogs are a tangible expression of God’s unconditional love, and continues to share the many life lessons learned from her dogs, nature, and the world around her.
“Dogs are our true friends, our angels, our teachers, our healers. They love us unconditionally, as God intended. If we look carefully, we can learn from them how to make the world a brighter and better place.” — Leila Grandemange
- Pawz & Pray: Finding Joy in the Journey with God, Family, and Furry Friends.
- My Dog’s Health Record Book: A Practical Guide to Log your Dog’s Personal and Health History, with Tips for New Puppy Owners!
- A Breeder’s Companion, Record Keeping For Your Dogs’ Litters
- Star, A Promising Puppy: A Children’s Story about Self-Worth, Love, and Kindness. Activity Pages for Kids and Positive Affirmations Included!
- My Beloved Dogs, Record Keeping for the Canine Competitor and Multi-Dog Home
- A Story of a Promising Puppy
- Un Petit Chien Plein De Promesses ( the french version of A Story Of A Promising Puppy)
- Lord, Help Me To Flourish. A Coloring Devotional
Leila’s Sites to Follow
- Leila Grandemange—Author website and Blog ©2016
- Pawz & Pray Blog—A Dog Lovers Faith-Filled Blog © 2012
- Dogs & Daily Blessings Facebook Page
- Grandville Cavaliers — Breeder/exhibitor of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel © 2002
- Dog Writers Association of America (DWAA)
Writing Awards and Nominations:
- 2013 —AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award (DWAA); for the article, The BEST Gift You Will Ever Give Your Dog! published in The Royal Spaniels Magazine. Thank you to the Dog Writers Association of America and the American Kennel Club for this honor.
- 2014—Book Award Nomination; Pawz and Pray, Short Reflections about God, Life, and the Dogs I Love —Writing Competition, Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- 2015—Book Award Nomination; A Breeder’s Companion, Record Keeping—Writing Competition, Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- 2015—Award Nomination: The AdoptAShelter.com Adopt A Homesless Dog Award. Presented for the article, “That’s What Friends Are For” (Royal Spaniels Magazine). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- 2015—Poetry Award Nomination: James Colasanti, Jr. Poetry Award. Presented for the poem, “That’s What Friends Are For” (Royal Spaniels Magazine). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
Unless otherwise noted, all content on this website is property of the author, Leila Grandemange, and may not be reproduced in any manner © Leila Grandemange, Grandville Cavaliers