Author of several charming books, she also enjoys writing for publications dedicated to the welfare of dogs. Leila is the recipient of the AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award (DWAA 2013) and is recognized as an AKC Breeder of Merit . She is also a member of the Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA).
As a small hobby breeder, conformation, health and temperament are priorities.
With the help of veterinarians and specialists, Leila does appropriate breed health testing of the sire and dam. She also evaluates each puppy before it leaves her home, for conformation and temperament.
Leila has produced and shown Champions in all four colors and is grateful for the loving support of her husband of over 25 years. While she adores all four colors, she has a special affection for the whole colors (ruby and black and tan) and has worked hard to create a quality breeding program. In 2013, one of the ruby dogs she bred was the Top Winning Cavalier in the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club USA. Leila is grateful to her loving family, the breeders who’ve gone before her and helped her get a start, and to God who makes all things possible!
So how did her love affair with this breed begin?
Leila shares her story —from ballet dancer to dog show enthusiast and author . . .
Leila always been passionate about animals, especially dogs and horses, and spent her early years riding and showing a beautiful horse named “Sony” (shown in photo). Classical Ballet was also a very important part of her life. She began dancing at age 6 and at age 18 joined a professional Ballet company. It was a dream come true!
Living in France
A few years later Leila met and married the love of her life, and moved to France. It was there, on the beaches of Etretat in the Normandie region of France, that she met the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. That was the beginning of a beautiful love affair with one of the most enchanting dog breeds she’d ever met!
Back to America
In 2002, she established Grandville Cavaliers and has worked hard over the years to develop a quality breeding program. Leila and her husband presently live in the United States. No longer a professional ballet dancer, one of her greatest joys is now dancing around the ring as an owner-handler (in conformation shows) with her beloved dogs.
Leila has a B.A. in Christian Education and loves being involved with her church, and working with youth as a volunteer at Fellowship of Christian Athletes. All these experiences, combined with her love for God, family, and the dogs she loves, are threads woven into her writing. Her favorite topics to write about are responsible dog ownership, the human-canine bond and its connection to God, and life-lessons learned from her dogs.
Leila is grateful for the warm welcome her writing has received, with numerous endorsements, and award nominations for her articles, books, and poetry. Most notably, in 2013, one of her articles published in the Royal Spaniels Magazine was the winner of the prestigious AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award. She believes that dogs are a tangible expression of God’s unconditional love, and continues to share the many life lessons learned from her dogs, nature, and the world around her.
“Dogs are our true friends, our angels, our teachers, our healers. They love us unconditionally, as God intended. If we look carefully, we can learn from them how to make the world a brighter and better place.” — Leila Grandemange
- Pawz & Pray: Finding Joy in the Journey with God, Family, and Furry Friends.
- Lord, Help Me To Flourish. A Coloring Devotional
- My Beloved Dogs Wellness Book, Veterinary Record Keeping & New Owner Resources
- Pawz & Pray (1st edition): Short reflections about God, life and the dogs I love!
- My Beloved Dogs, Record Keeping for the Canine Competitor and Multi-Dog Home
- A Breeder’s Companion, Record Keeping For Your Dogs’ Litters
- A Story of a Promising Puppy
- Un Petit Chien Plein De Promesses ( the french version of A Story Of A Promising Puppy)
- Reflections; A Devotional Inviting You On A Journey Towards Purity
Leila’s Sites to Follow
- Leila Grandemange—Author website and Blog ©2016
- Pawz & Pray Blog—A Dog Lovers Faith-Filled Blog © 2012
- Pawz & Pray Facebook Page
- Grandville Cavaliers — Breeder/exhibitor of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel © 2002
- Dog Writers Association of America (DWAA)
Writing Awards and Nominations:
- 2013 —AKC Responsible Dog Ownership Public Service Award (DWAA); for the article, The BEST Gift You Will Ever Give Your Dog! published in The Royal Spaniels Magazine. Thank you to the Dog Writers Association of America and the American Kennel Club for this honor.
- 2014—Book Award Nomination; Pawz and Pray, Short Reflections about God, Life, and the Dogs I Love —Writing Competition, Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- 2015—Book Award Nomination; A Breeder’s Companion, Record Keeping—Writing Competition, Dog Writers Association Of America (DWAA). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- 2015—Award Nomination: The AdoptAShelter.com Adopt A Homesless Dog Award. Presented for the article, “That’s What Friends Are For” (Royal Spaniels Magazine). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
- 2015—Poetry Award Nomination: James Colasanti, Jr. Poetry Award. Presented for the poem, “That’s What Friends Are For” (Royal Spaniels Magazine). Thank you DWAA for this honor.
Unless otherwise noted, all content on this website is property of the author, Leila Grandemange, and may not be reproduced in any manner © Leila Grandemange, Grandville Cavaliers